Followers

9.29.2012

How to make Caprese Salad with Heirloom Tomatoes



Hi Everyone,
I want to share with you a quick and easy recipie that I made over the weekend for a dinner get-together with my friends.  I got the recipe off from Chow: Caprese Salad Recipe

Directions: Slice ripe tomatoes and fresh buffalo mozzarella into 1/2-inch-thick rounds. Shingle fresh basil leaves and the mozzarella and tomatoes on a platter. Drizzle with high-quality extra-virgin olive oil, sprinkle with salt and freshly ground black pepper if desired, and serve.


I didn't have pine nuts to make my basil pesto sauce. I used a variety of tomatoes. This is my second time making it. The first time I had green, yellow, and red tomaotoes. They go really good for a side dish if you're wanting to have a vegetarian night out. I highly suggest using heirloom tomatoes that you can purchae at Whole Foods. They are really sweet. Best part of it, is that you can put a balsamic vinegretre glaze over it instead of the pesto olive oil sauce.


I made this for brunch with a light bit of olive oil drizzled over on the top. I also served it with a fresh banana and orange salad and sunny side up egg. My friend said my picture looked like one of those from the food magazine.

I prefer using the presliced fresh mozzerella packaged cheese so that it's easier for preparation. It takes less than 10minues and you have a delicious meal. Your guests will think that you're a fancy cheif too!

xoxo
Yumi

2 comments:

Andrew said...

Nice photos of food you have. I am a photographer.

yumikomura said...

 Thank Andrew. I really love your pictures. Unfortunately, I am not a photographer, but am interested in photography and hope to be a good one one day! I love cooking so i'm just incorporating both of my hobbies together.